Thursday, July 5, 2012

Whoa.  It's been a year.  A year since Miss E was born.  Tomorrow, I head to See her and her daddy and papa, for her first birthday party.  With friends and family.  Holy schiznit, I'm nervous.  If you're reading this, you probably know that I don't like people and crowds.  I am 100% positive that I'll totally embarrass myself and everybody else there.  And, to top it off, my mom is heading up here to Ohio after her father-in-law's death, so I'll probably be seeing them soon, too.  And I still haven't defended my dissertation.  The whole damn thing is written, but getting my advisors to read it is like pulling teeth.  And not the loose baby teeth that we've been pulling out of my six year old's mouth.  Impacted wisdom teeth pulling hard.  Yeah, it's *that* not fun right now.  But, on the bright side, I'm getting a metric shit ton done lately.  And I think that's actually getting me caught up.  The weekend out of town will be a nice break, I just need to do some work on the road (not computer based, I refuse to take the computer).  Something fun- maybe beading.  Lots of writing- of all types- has been happening lately.  And I may have a job on the horizon.  A real, jobby-job, using my ejumukashun and such. 

That's it for now.  I'll check back in later with some new photos and new insane stories.  Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment