Saturday, December 1, 2012

Month of Thanks, Week Five

Sunday, 25 November, 2012- I am thankful for relaxing moments with no plans.  This doesn't happen often around our house, as I'm sure you can guess, so we try to savor them when they do come around.  Today was one of those days.  Ken was pajama-bound all day, and I just worried about staying sane after he had a visit to family (which always makes him crazier than usual).  It was very restive.

Monday, 26 November, 2012- I'm thankful for lists.  They keep me focused and on task, and remind me of all that I've gotten done.  Even when I feel like I'm listing a bit.  (And I'm sure you're thankful that I'm so punny on a Monday)

Tuesday, 27 November, 2012- I'm thankful for getting through lists, and the brief reprieve before more deadlines hit.

Wednesday, 28 November, 2012- I'm thankful for productive times working with a colleague, and the ability to call such a great scientist (and person) my mentor.  

Thursday, 29 November, 2012- I'm thankful for getting a chance to really see who people are and to re-evaluate my interactions with them.

Friday, 30 November, 2012- I'm thankful for being done with holiday shopping.  Now I can sit back, do some baking, keep calm, and carry on.

Saturday, 1 December, 2012- I'm thankful to have made it through the one month of thanks "challenge" and I'm looking forward to making December a "write every day" challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment