Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Springtime!

I think it's officially here. Frogs are calling, birds are singing, flowers are blooming, the garden is planted, and the rabbits in the front yard are going crazy. It all has one reason- life. Sex. Procreation. The strongest, basest, and most beautiful reason for anything in the whole wide world.

I'd be lying or delusional to say I didn't feel that pull myself. I'm not old, even if my students sometimes make me feel I am. I still have plenty of life in me, both my own and new life. But I don't want any more kids. I love Ken to pieces, but I can barely handle him some days.

I've never been a sports gal or a kid person. More like a spectator in both arenas. I'll try my damnedest, work hard, play hard, enjoy the ride, then go back to my life on Monday. That's what I do. That's what I love. I could never parent multiple kids, I could never play real ball, but dang I love helping out those that enjoy the things I can only watch. It's a calling. It's how I have chosen to respond to that spring time urge to procreate.

That and embracing my other creative powers. I make things, and ultimately, that's the greatest gift any person can share with the world. Arts. Crafts. Food. Household goods. Clothes. Plants. Ideas. Writings. People. Lives. Friends. Love. I make all these things. I'm not trying to brag. In fact, I know I'm not that good at any of these things. But I try. And the things I make are mine. Without me, they wouldn't exist. No one can take that fact, no one can deny it. To deny my part in what I create is to deny my creation's existence.

And that is what I hope everyone realizes- the same fact is true for every creation. Whatever you make, whatever you add to the world, is a part of you, and is your gift to the world. My challenge to you, reader, whoever you are out there, is to create one thing today. Add one piece to the world. Make your mark, and leave the world forever changed. See how you feel. See what you can do. And then share it.

Peace out, and blessings be upon you.

1 comment:

  1. hey lady, welcome to the blogosphere!

    I'm with you on the kids thing... have two only children, really and can't imagine having raised them close in age without ending up checking myself into the ward.

    man, it got SO green out today!

    ReplyDelete