Monday, April 6, 2009

Yammering

It hasn't stopped all night. Since the moment I picked Ken up from daycare, probably until he falls asleep tonight. He hasn't shut up. And from what Ms. Pam his teacher said, it was like that all day too. To add to the fun, almost none of it makes sense.

"Kenny spiiiiiiiiiiiiiiders. Kenny spiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiders. Kenny spiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiders."

Is followed by

"Cars and trucks and trucks and cars and cars and trucks and trucks and cars AND AIRPLANES!!!!"

Turns into

"Now it's dark outside. Now it's light outside. Now it's dark outside. Now it's dark outside."

Becomes

"E-N-N-Y for Kenny. E-N-N-Y for Kenny. E-N-N-Y for Kenny. There's my letters!" as he points to random words on a page.

This is the sound of loosing your mind. Or the sound of parenthood. They might be the same thing. I'm getting more thoroughly convinced that they are.

And for a picture of the day-

Kenny and his friend Nikko, the way Kenny used to enjoy being carried. Nikko is Kenny's little teeny tiny baby friend. He was a gift from Grandma Sue for his birthday. Nikko may be little, but he's responsible for big things. He's made from organic cotton and wool, fairly made by indigenous women in Peru, and fairly traded by Nova Naturals in the US. Proof that good things come in small packages. Like Ken. Because as much as I might kivetch about him, I can't imagine my world without him. He's made me a better person, and encourages me to make the world a better place. Even if he's slowly (quickly?) driving me batty. I like batty. Life is more fun this way.
Where on Earth did the little ush in this picture go and when did my baby get so big???

No comments:

Post a Comment