Friday, November 23, 2012

Month of Thanks, Week Four

Sunday, 18 November, 2012- I'm thankful for being able to work with Dwight.  Especially on home improvement stuff.  All household members surviving the project is an added bonus.

Monday, 19 November, 2012- I'm thankful for technology that, when used well and working correctly, makes life easier and simplifies processes.  Skype for interviews instead of driving, word processing instead of typewriters, internet for TV instead of cable or antenna, and online applications instead of three pound application packets are the little things that save so much time and money regularly for me.  It really is the little things.

Tuesday, 20 November, 2012- I'm thankful to have a chance to have "my day in court" as it were, on the Wells-Sherman house issue and see how this last push goes.  Not a clue on chances.  Not a clue on how this will go down.  But at least this is going on the record and everything is coming out in the open.  Blarg.

Wednesday, 21 November, 2012- I'm thankful to have absolutely gorgeous weather in Ohio, in late November.  Like, take a walk with no coat on nice weather.  This could almost convince me that global warming is a good thing.  Almost.

Thursday, 22 November, 2012- I'm thankful for the time to reflect on how well I have it.

Friday, 23 November, 2012- I'm thankful not to have to go out much today, and to have (once again) no plans to shop on Buy Nothing Day.  I'm standing in solidarity with protesting Wal-Mart workers, and saving spending for Buy Local Saturday, instead.  Vote with your dollars.  

Saturday, 24 November, 2012 (almost)- I'm thankful that my younger sister was able to find her way out of an abusive relationship.  What I'm not thankful for is how much I miss that little girl.  I love you, I always will.  I'm glad that he can't hurt you anymore, but I wonder if you knew how much you would hurt everyone else.   And I'm thankful that I can still hear your laugh when I need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment